Welcome to the AGS!
The Alliance for Global Sustainability (the AGS) is a unique international partnership between four of the world’s leading science and technology universities – ETH Zurich, MIT, The University of Tokyo, Chalmers University of Technology – and their associated partners. Since its creation in 1997, the AGS has drawn on the strength of its partners to develop capacity and new models for integrated research, education and outreach.
- to contribute to a sound scientific understanding of sustainability
- to prepare tomorrow’s leaders
- to synthesize research so that corporate, political and regulatory decisions can be informed by the latest science
TheAGS will help develop the global research agenda and provide the scientific knowledge that will enable society to address our urgent need for global sustainability
- In order to fulfill our mission and vision, our strategy is focused on the following:
- advance global sustainability research
- strengthen university education on sustainability
- disseminate research priorities, results and syntheses to key stakeholders
- strengthen the AGS position as an agenda-setting sustainability partnership